Re: [presentation-api] Step 11 of getAvailability should not run "in parallel"

From: Mark Foltz via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 18:18:15 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
Note that it looks like "in parallel" was added for Issue #335 filed
by @schien, to resolve the Promise early.

The issue seems to be:
- If monitoring has not run before for the URLs in the request, we
should wait until it completes to return a value.
- If monitoring has run before then we can resolve immediately with a
known value, and run it again to refresh the value.

Practically speaking, I expect that developers will need to add an
`onchange` handler to get correct availability information, so the
page will always get the correct value eventually.  I guess it's a
question of whether they care that the initial value may be based on
incomplete information.

@schien et al what do you think?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mfoltzgoogle
Please view or discuss this issue at