Re: [presentation-api] Possibility for a character to be interpreted differently depending on locale

From: Mark Foltz via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:20:20 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
The receiver could certainly set the lang= attribute on the
presentation document to match a locale set by the sender.  However,
if the server uses the `Accept-Language` value in the header as a
signal for what document to serve (i.e. because strings are translated
 differently) then it would seem to make the problem worse.  For
example, if the presentation were requested with:

```
```

and was marked up with:

```
```

then the browser might choose a Korean font to render the Japanese
content of the presentation.   I'm not an expert into how these
interact, I can reach out to the Chromium community to get some
clarification, or maybe @r12a can shed some light.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by mfoltzgoogle
See