Re: [presentation-api] possible charter for second screen cg - 2 UA communication

From: Louay Bassbouss via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 10:25:32 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
@mfoltzgoogle thx for your proposal. Just one comment from my side: In
 the Presentation API we consider for now Web Content (mainly web
pages) but on the protocol level we may need to be more generic e.g.
to launch any kind of applications: a native mobile application
(Android, iOS,  etc.) may use the Freeplay protocol to discover
Displays that provides a specific App (e.g. using App specific
URL-scheme like vnd.youtube:// to discover Receiver Devices that
support YouTube for example YouTube on  Android TV). TV manufacturers
can also use the same protocol to launch native Smart TV Applications.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by louaybassbouss
See