Re: [presentation-api] Presenting the content of an <audio> or <video> element

From: François Daoust via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 15:58:21 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
I note that the approach proposed is somewhat similar to that defined
in the [Audio Output Devices
API](http://w3c.github.io/mediacapture-output/) specification,
produced by the Media Capture task force, joint effort between the
Device APIs Working Group and the WebRTC Working Group.

The Audio Output Devices API proposes to add a `setSinkId` method to
MediaElement to associate the element with some media output device
(audio-only for the time being) returned from an enumeration of media
output devices currently obtained through a call to `getUserMedia`
(but my understanding is that there will be a way to enumerate devices
 without calling `getUserMedia` in the end).

I think there have been discussions on filtering media devices based
on capabilities, that could perhaps address #9.

It might be useful to investigate whether both approaches could be
merged into one. At a minimum, we should get in touch with the Media
Capture task force once we have a better idea as to what we are
willing to specify to present audio/video content.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by tidoust
See