Re: [presentation-api] First version of postMessage and onmessage algorithms

From: Dominik Röttsches via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 16:03:18 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
> TODO: Fix references to ArrayBuffer, Blob, etc. …

Added, drott's xref repo updated to include TypedArray spec.

> TODO: Discuss whether we need "binaryType"

Left in for now to emulate WebSocket spec.

> TODO: Check trusted event property.

Reference to trusted event added, isTrusted is true since it's a UA
generated event.

> TODO: Define presentation origin somewhere.

Issue #63 created.

> Does this mean a single invocation of postMessage()?
> I think it would be permissible for the implementation to fragment
> transmission (e.g. to meet the requirements of a network transport)
> of a single message. Can it be clarified?

Tried to clarify this by specifying a "data payload" and an
implementation specific transport mechanism.

>> presentation message format

> I think of this as a type, not a format;

Changed.

>> (Set to Binary if data is one of ArrayBuffer or Blob. Set to Text
if data is of type DOMString)

> This would be clearer as its own step.

Moved to own step.

> Maybe just "to the destination browsing context"? Or have a step
that defines the destination context for the data?

Defined destination browsing context in separate step.

> What if they have no URL in common?

See above, created issue #63 to discuss origin relationship.

> ...as a DOMString?

Added mention of type here.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by drott