Following up on Action #04

From: mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 12:54:47 -0700
To: "public-secondscreen@w3.org" <public-secondscreen@w3.org>
Cc: Mark Scott <markdavidscott@google.com>, Anton Vayvod <avayvod@google.com>
During the F2F, I took an action [1] to share data about how often users
initiate presentation from the Cast extension [2] using the browser icon
(in the browser toolbar), versus using a Cast icon embedded in the content
area (i.e., in the YouTube video player).

Based on our internal analytics, browser initiated presentation is
preferred about 3:1, that is, about 75% of our sessions originate from the
browser icon.  Of those sessions, about 60% of sessions for our tab
mirroring feature, and the remaining 40% are for flinging content from the
site through the Cast SDK.

Based on our experience, users don't have a clear preference between the
two modes of initiating presentations, so I would conclude that the API
should accommodate both use cases equally.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2015/05/19-webscreens-minutes.html#action04
[2]
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-cast/boadgeojelhgndaghljhdicfkmllpafd?hl=en