[presentation-api] Assess interoperability of Presentation API implementations

From: Mark Foltz via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 17:28:15 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
mfoltzgoogle has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api:

== Assess interoperability of Presentation API implementations ==
A concern during TAG review has been raised by @annevk regarding the
potential for user lock-in to a particular vendor's products because
of poor interoperability between implementations.  In this case we are
 concerned with interoperability between user agents (for the 2-UA
implementation) and between user agents and "dumb" wireless displays
(for the 1-UA implementation).

Note that in the charter [1] we explicitly designated the
standardization of the network protocols for display discovery,
control and communication as out of scope for the work of this group.

Once everyone is back from vacations, this issue can track the work
item to discuss the status of interoperability and the plan moving
forward.  This is an important item and I want to ensure everyone has
a say.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2014/secondscreen/charter.html#scope

See https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/153