Re: Draft algorithms specification

From: Rottsches, Dominik <dominik.rottsches@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 14:26:07 +0000
To: "mfoltz@google.com" <mfoltz@google.com>
CC: "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>, "fd@w3.org" <fd@w3.org>, "public-secondscreen@w3.org" <public-secondscreen@w3.org>, "public-webscreens@w3.org" <public-webscreens@w3.org>, "avayvod@google.com" <avayvod@google.com>, "markdavidscott@google.com" <markdavidscott@google.com>
Hi Mark, Francois,

On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 18:45 -0800, mark a. foltz wrote:
> Francois, thank you for the detailed feedback.  Responses inline, and
> I will craft a PR with some edits shortly.

I updated the pull request here:
https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/pull/38

@Mark: It would make editing nicely easy if you could base additional
PRs or edits on top of this one, if it looks okay to you.

The PR contains the following changes:

* Rebased on top of w3c/presentation-api
* Added terminology items and references to respective external specs,
highlighted usage of these terms in the algorithms section.
* Added a step in the Start Session section to bring up a browsing
context and display the page on the presentation display.
* Rephrased and compacted availability monitoring section, trying to
incorporate Mark's and and Francois' suggestions.
* Added step to trigger availability monitoring in the Start Session
algorithm

@Mark & Francois: Could you review this and see whether it captures both
of your suggestions? Maybe we can merge this PR to master and continue
the editing on top of that?

I did not incorporate parts your discussion regarding
"7.5 Join Session" and comments following below, especially with regards
to joining one out of set of existing sessions. Perhaps we can handle
these as separate PR's.

Thanks, I am happy about the progress we're making,

Dominik