Re: [sdw] RIF rules for OWL-Time (#1236)

From: Nicholas Car via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2021 00:54:20 +0000
To: public-sdwig@w3.org
OK, probably a better example than GeoSPARQL are the W3C standards that provide Test Cases like OWL2 (https://www.w3.org/TR/2012/REC-owl2-conformance-20121211/#Test_Cases) and a test suite for implementation testing like SHACL (https://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/data-shapes-test-suite/).

You, editors, could provide a few test cases for time calculations and then call for implementations that claim conformance to it to be tested. In this way, we could test out RIF's calculators.

But: surely RIF's calculators are dependent on underlying system datetime implementations? If I produce a RIF interpreter that does a temporal calculation, I would need to use Java or Python etc. to do the work which is then reported in a RIF document?

So, what systems do you think are/could/should _do the right thing_ regarding OWL TIME's leap second etc. handing, if you think OWL TIME has something to say here? Perhaps TIME just refers to other specs?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nicholascar
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1236#issuecomment-755814614 using your GitHub account