Re: WebVMT Status Update

Scott,

Thanks for your email. Sorry I didn’t see your reply last month as it was filtered out of my email, which I’ve hopefully now corrected.

WebVMT needs to be registered as a MIME type at some stage on the road to standardisation, which is my ultimate aim, and I’d welcome your guidance on when and how best to do that. My thought was that MIME registration may help advertise WebVMT’s existence to the relevant communities online and encourage uptake.

WebVTT is already registered and as WebVMT is based on it, that seems like a good place to start. However, I’d like to better understand how long the registration process takes, any preliminary steps needed and the pros and cons of registering earlier or later. Are there advantages or penalties to using the vendor tree over the standards tree, and is the process explained clearly somewhere online?

Any advice you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rob Smith

Away Team
www.awayteam.co.uk <http://www.awayteam.co.uk/>