RE: Rechartering the SDW-IG after December 2019

Good morning Rob – many thanks for the feedback. Both Linda and I are glad that SDW-IG has been helpful in progressing the WebVMT work! Jeremy

From: Rob Smith <rob.smith@awayteam.co.uk>
Sent: 22 July 2019 18:04
To: Tandy, Jeremy <jeremy.tandy@metoffice.gov.uk>; Linda van den Brink <l.vandenbrink@geonovum.nl>
Cc: public-sdwig@w3.org; Scott Simmons <ssimmons@opengeospatial.org>; Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>; ted@w3.org
Subject: Re: Rechartering the SDW-IG after December 2019

Jeremy and Linda,

That sounds good to me, and two meetings per year seems about right.

Sorry I missed the rechartering discussion in Leuven, as I wanted to thank SDW for its support and guidance on WebVMT over the last 18 months and offer some feedback.

While I generally agree with your comments about “one-task, one-person” within the group, SDW’s domain knowledge has been instrumental in opening discussions with other relevant groups in W3C and OGC, including M&E IG, UxS DWG, EDM/LEAPS DWG, D&I DWG and Moving Features SWG. The W3C Lyon meeting in October 2018 sparked the WICG Datacue activity [1], in collaboration with the Media Timed Events Task Force (M&E IG), and the recent Leuven meeting started a video metadata discussion [2] with pilots in the OGC Innovation Program, which are a couple of concrete examples of wider involvement.

Hope this helps.

Rob Smith

Away Team
www.awayteam.co.uk<http://www.awayteam.co.uk>