From: Linda van den Brink <l.vandenbrink@geonovum.nl>
Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 7:52 PM
To: 'public-sdwig@w3.org' <public-sdwig@w3.org>
Cc: Francois Daoust (fd@w3.org) <fd@w3.org>; 'Jeremy Tandy' <jtandy@wmo.int>
Subject: SDWIG activities

Hi all,

I wish every member of this group a very happy 2019! Both standards-wise and in your personal lives, of course.

We have not singled this week out as a ‘focus week’, but we might as well use it as such – at least I’m using it as an excuse to look at the group’s activities.

First of all I’d like to suggest we have a group telecon some time in January. I’ll coordinate with Jeremy and François to come up with a time slot. Topics:

* To solicit feedback on some work I’ve done on the SDW roadmap in December
* To coordinate work on a formal response on CityGML v3 raising technical concerns to be sent to the tc-discuss OGC list (issue 1069) https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1069
* To settle on dates + locations for the f2f meetings in 2019. Basically the choice is between:

 * Last week of February at OGC meeting in Singapore + 16-20 September at W3C TPAC in Fukuoka, Japan
 * 24-28 June at OGC meeting in Leuven, Belgium + 16-20 September at W3C TPAC in Fukuoka, Japan

* To coordinate review of the OGC Architecture Board’s API Guidelines https://github.com/opengeospatial/OGC-Web-API-Guidelines
* To coordinate what to do with comments received on eo-qb doc (see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdwig/2018Nov/0094.html)
* To discuss OWL Space idea (should we move this one to the strategy funnel? Move discussion to OGC GeoSemantics DWG?) https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1095

* Short updates on SDWIG projects https://github.com/w3c/sdw/projects <https://github.com/w3c/sdw/projects>

Maybe not all of these can fit in one telecon, but that also depends on how much we let the discussion drift into details. It’s my intention to avoid that when we can.

Please respond if you have other topics you want to discuss!

Here’s an overview of what I have observed to be going on in SDWIG lately:

* Rob has continued work on WebVMT; this is progressing.
* Nicholas Car (CSIRO, also active in DXWG) has posted some suggestions for a new GeoSPARQL version. https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdwig/2019Jan/0007.html
* Ingo Simonis is asking the SDWIG group if we think someone from OGC staff should attend the Workshop on Web Standardization for Graph Data (the one Dave Raggett is organising this March)
* People are apparently working with EO-QB because some issues have popped up. We have no active group members who were involved in this document, however we should discuss what to do with these issues.

 * https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1110

 * https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1108

 * Also a comment + PR about use of the SWEET ontology in this document https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1103

* The DXWG asks our review and feedback on the Profiles ontology: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdwig/2019Jan/0000.html
* We have new members (both invited experts, via OGC, Natural Resources Canada):

 * Joost van Ulden
 * Tom Kradalis - interested in helping on items relevant to weather services implementation, dataset search discovery, and CovJSON.

* Nothing to report on our other work items as far as I know.

Linda