Re: Feb focus week

Hi Linda, SDWIGers,

Last week I attended a W3C Web of Things Face-to-Face meeting in Princeton, NJ, USA representing OGC.
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_28_January-2_February_2019,_Princeton,_NJ,_USA <https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_28_January-2_February_2019,_Princeton,_NJ,_USA>

The W3C WoT contacts were primarily:
Michael McCool michael.mccool@intel.com <mailto:michael.mccool@intel.com>  - one of the WoT Chairs
Sebastian Kaebisch  sebastian.kaebisch@siemens.com <mailto:sebastian.kaebisch@siemens.com> - editor of the TD spec and perhaps other WoT docs.
Kazuyuki  "Kaz”  Ashimura  ashimura@w3.org <mailto:ashimura@w3.org> - W3C staff

The presentation I made is available here:  https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/82673 <https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/82673>
370MB file with more information than I displayed in the room.  Many hidden slides.  Several embedded videos.
The presentation included several topics from SDW.

Listed below are these topics that we might coordinate on going forward.
- Add Location to the Thing Description (TD)
- Model “Observation” as an WOT “action”
- Datastream
- WoT binding template for SensorThings
- Compliance test

Regards,
George

- Add Location to the Thing Description (TD) Context
 An simple element for the location of the thing could be added easily.
 The default could be a point location.
 The W3C/OGC Spatial Data on the Web Best Practice can be used to add a location element
 https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-bp/#bp-spatialdata <https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-bp/#bp-spatialdata>

- Model an “Observation” as an WOT “action”
 The WoT TD defines things has having Properties, Actions, Events
 An Observation is the "act of measuring or otherwise determining the value of a property” in particular regarding sensing and sampling.
 This is defined in the OGC Observations and Measurement Abstract Spec (which is identical to ISO 19156)
 http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=41579 <http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=41579>

- Datastream
 SensorThings defines a “datastream” as a key concept.
 In SensorThings a Thing may have zero-to-many Datastreams.
 A Datastream is a collection of Observations grouped by the same ObservedProperty and Sensor.
  http://docs.opengeospatial.org/is/15-078r6/15-078r6.html#28 <http://docs.opengeospatial.org/is/15-078r6/15-078r6.html#28>
 The SensorThings datastream could be considered for reuse in WoT steaming applications.

- WoT binding template for SensorThings
 The Web of Things defines a “Binding Template” to enable extensibility to other protocols.
 A Binding Template could be developed to make the SensorThings API/protocol accessible to Things supporting WoT.

- Compliance test
 There were several questions about the OGC Compliance Test facility.
 A compliance test has been define for SensorThings.
 The OGC TEAM Test engine is open source and available for reuse and extension.
 http://cite.opengeospatial.org/teamengine/ <http://cite.opengeospatial.org/teamengine/>