Re: Ontology for geometric data?

From: Maxime Lefrançois <maxime.lefrancois@emse.fr>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 11:37:26 +0200
To: Frans Knibbe <frans.knibbe@geodan.nl>
Cc: public-lbd@w3.org, “public-sdwig@w3.org” <public-sdwig@w3.org>
Dear Frans,

Your question to the Linked Building Data Community Group mailing list is
also highly relevant to the Spatial Data on the Web Interest Group, so I
forward your mail to their public list to get some feedback as well.

What is currently defined in the Building Topology Ontology document (one
of the reports of the LBD-CG) is here:
https://w3c-lbd-cg.github.io/bot/#3DModel
As for working on a 3D geometry ontology, it was decided that this goes
beyond the scope of the Linked Building Data group and shall be left out
for some more domain-independent group to work on.
See also our presentation of LBD at TPAC 2018 this monday
https://w3c-lbd-cg.github.io/lbd/presentations/out/TPAC2018.pptx slides
44-46.

The SDW IG recently published (while it was a W3C Working Group) some
recommendations and notes including:
- Spatial Data on the Web best practices https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-bp/
- Semantic Sensor Network Ontology https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-ssn/
- OWL-Time Ontology https://www.w3.org/TR/owl-time/
You can get a quick overview of what they are currently investigating on
their GitHub projects webpage: https://github.com/w3c/sdw/projects

Best,
Maxime