Re: Ontology for geometric data?

Dear Frans,

Your question to the Linked Building Data Community Group mailing list is
also highly relevant to the Spatial Data on the Web Interest Group, so I
forward your mail to their public list to get some feedback as well.

What is currently defined in the Building Topology Ontology document (one
of the reports of the LBD-CG) is here:
https://w3c-lbd-cg.github.io/bot/#3DModel
As for working on a 3D geometry ontology, it was decided that this goes
beyond the scope of the Linked Building Data group and shall be left out
for some more domain-independent group to work on.
See also our presentation of LBD at TPAC 2018 this monday
https://w3c-lbd-cg.github.io/lbd/presentations/out/TPAC2018.pptx slides
44-46.

The SDW IG recently published (while it was a W3C Working Group) some
recommendations and notes including:
- Spatial Data on the Web best practices https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-bp/
- Semantic Sensor Network Ontology https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-ssn/
- OWL-Time Ontology https://www.w3.org/TR/owl-time/
You can get a quick overview of what they are currently investigating on
their GitHub projects webpage: https://github.com/w3c/sdw/projects

Best,
Maxime