Re: [sdw] Move hasProperty from SSN to SOSA namespace

From: kjano via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 21:13:23 +0000
To: public-sdwig@w3.org
I would be against this change as discussed before as it leaves the other SOSA properties in the limbo. Also, the name is really misleading wrt rdf:hasProperty. A hasProperty property seems like the most generic term one could use and would, thus, not be considered good modeling practice. I am also unsure about the motivation for the propertyChainAxiom and particularly combined with the symmetric  "ssn:hasProperty owl:equivalentProperty sosa:hasProperty" axiom. Is all we are trying to say that if an FOI has an observed property (via an observation) then this property is a property of the FOI?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by kjano
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1006#issuecomment-432421956 using your GitHub account