Re: [sdw] WebVMT use cases for non geospatial data (#1096)

From: Rob Smith via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 16:00:05 +0000
To: public-sdwig@w3.org
Thanks for raising this.

I hadn't been considering other planets or computer-generated space, but see no reason why WebVMT could not be used in these _spatial_ cases too. The coordinate reference system could be suitably defined, as proposed in issue #1101, as `crs:marslander-insight` or `crs:minecraft`.

I'd be interested to know what potential problems you can foresee with extending from geospatial to spatial use.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by rjksmith
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1096#issuecomment-442500000 using your GitHub account