Re: [sdw] Time ontology uses XML Schema Datatypes that are not allowed in OWL 2

From: Simon Cox via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 20:59:23 +0000
To: public-sdwig@w3.org
While the datatypes mentioned are not built-in to OWL2, to our understanding they are not specifically prohibited.

The original OWL-Time ontology published in 2006  introduced the use of these types.
So, given the fact that there was extensive use of OWL-Time over the intervening years, in the revision we sought to retain full backward compatibility with all classes and properties that were introduced in the 2006 version. Hence we did not remove any element, though we did mark a few 'deprecated'.

It is noted in the specification that additional processing will be required if these types are used since they are not built-in to OWL-2.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/987#issuecomment-365059880 using your GitHub account