Re: [sdw] New project proposal: OWL Space (#1095)

From: Chris Little via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 15:25:51 +0000
To: public-sdwig@w3.org
Hi Frans,
I think it important to get the scope defined. The 2017 OWL-Time ontology went for full backward compatibility with OWL-Time 2006, which may cause problems, as the previous version has the TimeDate construct which, to me, is a not very clean compromise between coordinates and calendars.
So, first question: are both Euclidean ('straight') and Riemannian ('curved') coordinate spaces envisaged?
Second question: are both continuous (as in first question) and discrete ('nodes and arcs') reference systems envisaged?
Perhaps I have just defined quadrants to think about?

My colleague Mark Hedley has also just asked me to think about the difference between a Coordinate System and a Coordinate Reference System. "More grist to the mill" as we say in English.

Chris

--
GitHub Notification of comment by chris-little
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1095#issuecomment-444139681 using your GitHub account