Re: [sdw] Alignment of ObservationCollection to Datastream

From: KathiSchleidt via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:48:31 +0000
To: public-sdwig@w3.org
To my understanding, it would mostly map to a MultiDataStream, the caveat being that all observations in the collection must utilize the same Sensor (so Process in O&M Speak).
Picking up on the dataArray result topic from the previous thread (https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1021), my understanding dataArray result doesn't group different observations, it just provides a more concise encoding of the observations included within the datastream. Example:
http://service.datacove.eu:8080/ST_BRGM/v1.0/Datastreams('http://guid.datacove.eu/BRGM/obs/03745X0021-P1.2')/Observations?$resultFormat=dataArray
vs
http://service.datacove.eu:8080/ST_BRGM/v1.0/Datastreams('http://guid.datacove.eu/BRGM/obs/03745X0021-P1.2')/Observations

This same lightweight structuring can also be applied to multidatastreams, there's a nice example at the end of the STA spec

--
GitHub Notification of comment by KathiSchleidt
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/sdw/issues/1026#issuecomment-384229349 using your GitHub account