Markdown support in ReSpec

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 15:40:02 +0100
To: "'Rob Atkinson'" <rob@metalinkage.com.au>
Cc: <public-sdwig@w3.org>
Hi Rob,

During the plenary call, you wondered about Markdown and I mentioned that ReSpec had support for Markdown. Support is somewhat described at:
https://github.com/w3c/respec/wiki/format

References will work out of the box:
 [[!SPEC]] for a normative reference to SPEC
 [[SPEC]] for an informative reference to SPEC

However, definitions and links will require the use of markup as far as I can tell, meaning you will still have to write something like:
 <dfn>Hyperspatial data</dfn> is something I just made up.
 I do like to talk about <a>hyperspatial data</a>.

I cannot really point you at live examples of specs that are written in Markdown. There may a couple of them, but none that I'm aware of.

This may not be what you were looking for though: you still need to wrap your Markdown in an HTML document so as to be able to load and ReSpec, in particular.

Thanks,
Francois.