Re: Time Ontology and SSN ontology published as REC, WG is done!

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 18:14:07 +0200, Joshua Lieberman
<jlieberman@tumblingwalls.com> wrote:

> Congratulations, and special thanks to Phil and Francois for guidance
> through the W3C labyrinth.

Indeed.

> There were certainly many challenges of alignment, scope, and
> functionality to be overcome, but there were also some technical hurdles
> of RDF / >OWL capabilities for distributed modular vocabularies that
> seemed avoidable. It would be very useful, I think, to do some sort of
> debrief on what >tools having to do with ontology membership, perhaps
> connected to named graph management, might mitigate this in the future.

Yes. There are a number of efforts to make vocabularies, and while
individuals often walk away with ideas about how to make it easier next
time - or next time the underlying specs are revised - it would be helpful
to have a written record of such thoughts.

cheers

Chaals

--
Chaals is Charles McCathie Nevile