Re: SSN - .owl file extension vs .ttl

+1 for .ttl

<rant>
NB I think we are still getting a little tied up with missing the
distinction between the namespace, named graphs containing different sets
of assertions about the same things )alka "modules") and actual documents
representing serialisations of the graphs.

namespace *---* graph ----* document *--- format

and the model (i.e. RDFS, OWL, SKOS) to be used in the graph depends on its
purpose - generally speaking i would think each graph should be based on a
_set of models_ to meet a specific requirement for entailment and query
competence.

the convention that there is a single graph that defines the terms in a
namespace is what we have been looking at for SOSA.

IMHO the namespace should represent a URI that uses content-negotiation to
find whatever serialisations are available for that baseline graph - and
specific graphs can choose what graph/models they import - naming
conventions get trickier here, but perhaps not so bad if. X is a different
graph than X.owl,  but X.ttl, X.rdf refer to formats, not models, and
should be the same as X.

other graphs need a mechanism - for now they may have different URIs - but
these should not subsume the namespace as the URI for their specific
purposes,

tools that want to conflate all these (symptoms: importing owl files as a
convenience) are IMHO one of the barriers to the semantic web - they are
just too desktop environment oriented rather than true Web platforms for
knowledge representation.
</rant>

Rob Atkinson