Re: ACTION-251: (ISSUE-88) write up how an ssn:platform and a sosa:platform are essentially the same, with an example (Spatial Data on the Web Working Group)

Hi,

I think the challenge is that you can't introduce the concept in a
namespace where the complex axioms are included in the same artefact (OWL
file) - its the conflation in practice of graph and namespace - if we are
going to decouple these and create multiple files using the same namespace
but different implementations then we need to introduce this practice and
justify it with examples IMHO.  So the simpler idea we are following (I
thought) would be that SSN would import SOSA, which introduces the
concepts, and declare equivalence.

Using the exact same definitions would be critical to being able to then
point to SSN implementations - so your concerns should be accomodated I
think. Of course this gets nastier if a SSN update in a new namespace is
introduced :-)

Rob