From: Little, Chris [mailto:chris.little@metoffice.gov.uk]
Sent: Friday, 13 January, 2017 03:53
To: Cox, Simon (L&W, Clayton) <Simon.Cox@csiro.au>
Cc: public-sdw-wg@w3.org
Subject: RE: Please review OWL-Time document

Simon,

Belated Happy New Year. Hope you have avoided the ‘lurgy’ that is laying low most of Britain.

I have now read the 11 Jan Editor’s Draft. Thank you for the re-structuring  the content – it is much clearer to read and easier to find things.

I have some minor editorial comments that could be considered, as I am not sure what editorial processes W3C apply. Not very substantial, but with view to making the doc easier to read:

1.       Classes time:generalDay, time:generalMonth and time:generalYear all have informative notes that more or less replicate the text in the definition. I suggest deleting the notes (and perhaps highlighting the equivalent sentences in the definition, if easily done in the W3C document macros. Unless you have a specific audience that you wanted to address with an important point.

2.       Add to the title of A.2 Properties table “(ordered by domain)”. It was not obvious to me as I thought it alphabetical. Or is it meant to be, like the text?

3.       Start Annex A on a new page.

4.       Typo in definition of RDF Property inXSDDateTime: should be xsd:dateTime, not xsd:DateTime ?

I am not sure that I have anything constructive to say about Issues 125 / 126. When delving down through the definitions of the datetime built-in datatypes in XML Schema, there is all sorts of messes swept under the carpet, especially with Time Zones (basically everything has to be reduced to a canonical form i.e. UTC).  I think I still stand  by my comments about trying to dissuade people from overlaying duration calculations on RFC3339 TimeStamps.

HTH, Chris