From: Armin Haller [mailto:armin.haller@anu.edu.au]
Sent: Tuesday, 8 August, 2017 11:53
To: public-sdw-wg@w3.org
Cc: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>; Krzysztof Janowicz <janowicz@ucsb.edu>; Maxime Lefrançois <maxime.lefrancois@emse.fr>; Cox, Simon (L&W, Clayton) <Simon.Cox@csiro.au>; danh.lephuoc@tu-berlin.de
Subject: Implementation evidence for SSN https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-ssn/

Dear all,

I am happy to report that we have received ample evidence of implementations either extending (producers) the SSN ontology or implementations using SSN in their application/dataset (consumers). Some implementations are still ongoing and we could not include them yet. Especially consumer implementations are taking months to implement, while some of them are even Closed Linked Data and therefore can’t be included as evidence at all.

We have documented the reference implementations of SSN in: http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn-usage/

We have documented evidence of the usage of every core Module in SSN of at least 2 (up to 15 for the Features of Interest and Properties Module) consumer implementations and evidence for the usage of every core Module in SSN of at least 2 (up to 15 for the Observations Module) producer implementations. We have also documented evidence for the usage of every term in at least one consumer and at least one producer implementation. We have also evidence for 80% of the terms being used in at least 2 (up to 15 for hasFeatureOfInterest) consumer implementations and evidence for 78% of the terms being used in at least 2 (up to 11 for Property and Sensor) producer implementations.

As expected, we did not get sufficient evidence for the usage of all terms in the ssn-systems module and, therefore propose to make that module optional (i.e. non-normative).

Otherwise, although we came slightly short of having 2 consumer implementations and 2 producer implementations for every term, we do believe that we have shown sufficient evidence for all terms to be considered normative and therefore for SSN to become a W3C Recommendation.

If you have an implementation that is not yet covered in http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn-usage/, please do let us know asap.

Kind regards,
Armin