Re: ISSUE-80: namespace for ssn and friends

> <http://www.w3.org/ns/ssn/Device> rdf:type owl:Class ;
>

> rdfs:subClassOf
> <http://www.ontologydesignpatterns.org/ont/dul/DUL.owl#DesignedArtifact> .
>
> ØThe first triple is important since it would be defined in the DOLCE
> alignment ontology. As agreed, we do not want any axioms in the /new
> SSN/ that rely on DOLCE. In order to give the new SSN device the same
> meaning as the old one, we would have the subClass relation and the
> equivalence relation in the DOLCE alignment ontology which then needs
> to be in the normative part of the recommendation.

Frankly speaking, I am not sure whether we are not trying to do the
impossible. I absolutely and strongly agree with not having any DOLCE
related axioms in the new SSN but how exactly will the optional
alignment work and ensure that we are not generating unintended
ontological commitments? Any thoughts?

Best,
Krzysztof

Email: jano@geog.ucsb.edu