RE: SSN namespace (was Re: phil! Question please!)

Fantastic -- this seems to me to be the right outcome.

But for clarification  please,

>Now that you can, you might want to redirect the old purls to the new namespace. You can then declare, say,

>http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ssnx/ssn#FeatureOfInterest owl:equivalentClass http://www.w3.org/ns/ssn/FeatureOfInterest

>and so on. That gives you a path to:
>- using the new namespace;
>- retaining implementation evidence from previous work.

>But you would need to copy the whole of the old to the new, marking deprecated terms etc.

So these equivalentClass axioms would  go in the ontology file at the new namespace, http://www.w3.org/ns/ssn/  and anyone resolving  a term using the purl namespace would be redirected to the  ontology file at the new namespace location?

And one step further, using the local redirection you already set up, we could put all these ugly axioms into a different file to the main ontology file? If so, would we have to import it  into the main ontology file? Or is it ok just to have it sitting there? Or is that asking for too much?

--Kerry