request for ssn agenda item

From: Kerry Taylor <kerry.taylor@anu.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 06:13:25 +0000
To: Armin Haller <armin.haller@anu.edu.au>
CC: "public-sdw-wg@w3.org" <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
ISSUE-85: remove someValues from restriction on hassubsystem
Could we decide  on this this week please? I think it is very simple and can go into the FPWD if agreed. As it is a change to the  old ssn it would be good to get it out ASAP. I *think* it will be uncontroversial.

Detail: Currently, a ssn:System has both a someValuesfrom and an AllValuesfrom restriction on hasSubSystem.System to describe a recursive part-of structure. Clearly the existential (someValuesFrom) restriction should not be there as surely we allow a finite system with a terminating system that has no subsystem. Removing the restrtiction would be backwards- compatible as it is weaker, and almost certainly is the way System has been used in practice anyway.  Furthermore, the "documentation" role of the property as a restriction on the class is unaffected due to the remaining AllValuesfrom restriction.

--Kerry