Re: rdfs:class versus owl:class in SOSA-Core

I think much of the challenge is one of perspective.  I've seen the concept
of Spatial Data Infrastructures go down the route of "keeping things
simple" - but from the perspective of software developers and data
publishers, not users - and we end up not having any agreed means to find
what content is behind what services or what services are available for
specific content,  and having lots of metadata that only makes sense to the
particular portal design it was aimed at, and only for the same sorts of
collection sizes - with semantics stuffed into naming conventions.  Making
things simple for one stakeholder usually means making it harder for
another - so we need to decide who is going to pay.

Rob