Re: rdfs:class versus owl:class in SOSA-Core

It would be helpful for those with more experience in rdfs reasoners to chime in here, but I don’t think that it is necessary to use owl reasoning over owl:class, just use rdfs reasoning that it (and anything declared as that type, e.g. myns:myClass) is “rdfs:subClassOf” rdfs:Class. It is not necessarily a problem to use [:myClass a owl:Class, rdfs:Class] but it is redundant.

I would also point out that many of those looking for a simple class-property based vocabulary do not really engage in any (machine-based) reasoning, rdfs or otherwise. They mostly want a controlled vocabulary and links that their software can rely on.

Josh