RE: ssn: readying for WD publication SSN EDITORS please read

Raphael-- thanks for your specgen comment --- that also looked the best option to me from only a quick desk check but I am greatly reassured by your feedback.  Unless anyone knows any better (speak up please!) then let's go  with this! -- Kerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Raphaël Troncy [mailto:raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, 9 November 2016 7:12 PM
To: Kerry Taylor <kerry.taylor@anu.edu.au>; Armin Haller <armin.haller@anu.edu.au>; Krzysztof Janowicz <jano@geog.ucsb.edu>; Le Phuoc, Danh <danh.lephuoc@tu-berlin.de>
Cc: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: ssn: readying for WD publication SSN EDITORS please read

Dear all,

I would recommend to adopt specgen v0.6 (https://github.com/specgen/specgen). There are open issues in this version, such as handling UTF-8 encoding but I don't think you will have the case in the ontology of identifier containing accentuated characters (as we have in French) and my team might patch this anyway (in the future).

> (b)   A name for SOSA-core  --- my vote: simply "ssn core" or "core".

My vote would be: "SSN core" (rationale being that people will not immediately make a mental relationship between SOSA and SSN which is known).

   Raphaël

--
Raphaël Troncy
EURECOM, Campus SophiaTech