Re: SDW meeting this week: approve FPWD for SSN

Possibly very naive take on this, but I feel Frans' pain here :-)

Let us consider the "vertical" modularity proposal - as I think it
potentially helps us untangle and provide a means to help the poor user
being introduced to this ecosystem:

Lets each module is itself annotated according to a vocabulary that defines
its role, something like xx:ontologyType may be (xx:owl-dl,
xx:registration, xx:schema, xx:serviceProtocols, xx:alignment,
xx:annotation, xx:proxy=a vocabulary based on another style of spec. )

Then we can describe the scope of each specification in terms of what it
does relative to SSN - and SSN can both help resolve the problem, and I
suspect gain some useful tools to separate concerns.

obviously xx: is not a SSN domain - but we could put it in OGC as its about
distinguishing schemas and services - or push it up to W3C. As its only
annotation, we dont need to make anything depend on it - annotation using
xx: could be a valid type of vertical module. And we only need two note
about intention to address scope overlap in the FPWD - one in a scope
statement at the top and another in the modularisation intent section.

Has anyone got an existing best practice or counter-proposal that allows us
to clearly distinguish between the concerns of schema definition,
inferencing, etc (the xx:* vocab? )

Rob