From: Linda van den Brink [mailto:l.vandenbrink@geonovum.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, 27 July 2016 12:47 a.m.
To: SDW WG (public-sdw-wg@w3.org)
Subject: BP restructuring: Metadata section

Hi all,

Finally, some progress. I've begun restructuring the Best Practices document based on the structure of the DWBP (same grouping and ordering of BPs). I shuffled all the BPs around to the best of my ability based on discussions we had in various places. I may have missed some insights because I find it difficult to keep track of all the mailing list discussions sometimes, so comments are more than welcome.  I've not started merging/consolidating BPs yet, but will do if appropriate. I'm working on them one by one, now.

http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/

In particular, I welcome more detailed comments on the section in the BP on spatial metadata. http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/#bp-metadata

I've got three BPs in that section at the moment.

The first one is about spatial coverage and other spatial descriptive metadata. Getting there, but needs examples at least.

The second is about CRS - there have been comments on this in the past as well as recent discussion, which I've tried to capture without making the section overly long or complex. Please review!

The third is on making the entities within a spatial dataset indexable (it was SDWBP25 in the FPWD). Even though this is not really a spatial but a general issue I've retained it for now, because it's useful information and not detailed in DWBP. And even though it's not clearly about metadata (at least not on dataset level), this section seems the best fit for it. Also, this BP needs examples and can probably be improved.

Your thoughts are appreciated!

Linda

This message contains information, which may be in confidence and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info@linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.