Re: SOSA core - procedures vs devices

Probably going to rehash an old debate here, but given there is an active
conversation trying to make the model more easily understood to outsiders
I'll dive in to check my comprehension...

This description ( sensor->procedure->activity) is helpful to me at least
to quickly understand the basic concerns. It introduces a requirement on
the modularity IMHO: because procedures are not unique to sensing, its is
necessary to allow procedures to be independent of sensors - because there
are numerical models that generate similar looking results to sensing.

Sensing appears to be bound up in the spatio-temporal frame of reference of
the observer, whereas the spatio-temporal frame of reference of the
phenomena is common to sensing, models, statistical operations (are these
just models).  I would expect the model module structure to reflect this:
its a way of attaching such sensing related metadata to a general
observation process. Is a deployed sensor just a sampling feature (being a
sensor within a specific spatio-temporal context but also within a context
where what it observes indirectly  to a property of the feature of
interest?)

cheers
Rob