Re: How many cores? - was Re: ssn: lost something?

Thanks Simon

It sounds like what you are working on is much closer to what I was looking
for :-)

I dont think i was proposing a single core really - its just that by
focusing on the one module of the proposed modularisation it may have
sounded like it. AFAICT the other two modules  - sensors, deployments still
exist as viewpoints with relatively neat boundaries.

I would be happier still if the bottom tier was itself split into modules
mirroring the owl-y tier above - representing a true "veritical" modularity
pattern - and if necessary the links between then contained as statements
in additional artefacts.  If this is not practicable there should be a
justification possible in a visualisation of the offending
inter-relationships.  (Simplicity is not a smaller number of pieces, so
much as an obvious relationship between the pieces and a small number of
patterns.  The patterns for module relationships I see are:
1) import and add elements (not sure we need this - but it may be the end
Use Case pattern )
2) import and add semantics (vertical modules)
3) import A,B to add A->B and B<-A relationships without compromising
ability to import just A or just B (aid to horizontal modules)
4) import A,B to create reified alignments X->A, X->B, X.metadata*
(alignment module)
5) import A,B,C... to create a single artefact point of entry for an
application needing multiple modules (e.g. SSN in the layer diagram)

These seem to follow our requirements breakdown - is there a existing
characterisation of such patterns we could leverage? No one has thrown it
out there during discussions - but it seems fairly obvious like Object
Relational Mappings have well known patterns.

Rob