Re: Report from EuroSDR meeting 2016-02-11

Thank you very much for the summary, Frans, and the notes, Bénédicte! I found this comment to be very relevant to our future in the OGC:

"Flemming Nissen, Danish Agency ‘Data supply’

We feel unsecure, one possibility is to explore but we are not certain about the need. If we put services based on linked data technology we are supposed to keep it in the air; We also need to keep ISO/OGC for existing customers and sense we need to start addressing new group of customers that is more web-enabled, they seem not to know what infrastructure is beyond (how much it cost actually).”

Addressing this new group of customers is a critical part of the SDWWG efforts and the WG work should ideally push requirements back to some of the more “traditional” OGC/ISO standards so that they will also evolve.

Best Regards,
Scott

Scott Simmons
Executive Director, Standards Program