RE: proposed new text for SSN ISSUE-110

I see this is now in the tracker as ISSUE-110.

We should mention that SWE also introduced Sampling and the relationship with Features.

From: Jeremy Tandy [mailto:jeremy.tandy@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 15 December, 2016 22:55
To: armin@w3.org; SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Cc: Cox, Simon (L&W, Clayton) <Simon.Cox@csiro.au>
Subject: proposed new text for SSN issue "999"

Armin- as discussed in the London f2f call...

"""

In [SSN section 1. Introduction](http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/#intro) OGCs Sensor Web Enablement (SWE) is cited. It would be worth clarifying that SWE evolving from way back in 2002 provides distinct provider- and consumer-focused standards; SensorML (dealing with sensors) and O&M (dealing with observations and data).
"""

I think I'm correctly channeling Simon here.

Jeremy