units of measure - was RE: Comments on the SOSA and SSN implementations

> * Units of measurement
> Also, regarding values, I think that right now the ontology falls short on supporting how to describe them when they require a unit of measurement. Along the documentation plenty of examples are included that mention a unit of measurement (e.g., "20m") but in the documentation of sosa:hasValue it only appears "23 or true", without mentioning the unit anymore. Since sosa:hasValue is a datatype property, do we expect people to attach the unit of measurement to a sosa:Result?

I believe that the original SSN relied on dul:Region as a super-class that includes things that can be represented as scaled numbers, but didn't go into details.

In om-lite (http://www.semantic-web-journal.net/content/ontology-observations-and-sampling-features-alignments-existing-models-0 and http://def.seegrid.csiro.au/ontology/om/om-lite ) we included the
- MeasureObject - as a generic/abstract class for scaled values - http://def.seegrid.csiro.au/ontology/om/om-lite#MeasureObject
- SimpleMeasure - as convenient minimal representation option - http://def.seegrid.csiro.au/ontology/om/om-lite#SimpleMeasure

For om-lite there is a small set of examples here:
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/subversion/xmml/ontologies/trunk/O&M-OWL/examples.ttl
In here you can find the following:

  oml:result [
      rdf:type oml:MeasureObject ;
      oml:uom <http://qudt.org/vocab/unit#Kilogram> ;
      rdf:value "0.28"^^xsd:double ;
    ] ;

  oml:result [
      rdf:type oml:SimpleMeasure ;
      oml:amount "0.28"^^xsd:double ;
      oml:uom <http://www.opengis.net/def/uom/UCUM/0/kg> ;
    ] ;

  samfl:size [
      rdf:type oml:SimpleMeasure ;
      oml:amount "0.46"^^xsd:double ;
      oml:uom <http://qudt.org/vocab/unit#Kilogram> ;
    ] ;

I am certainly not proposing that this is the only solution, but provides a bit of a framework to work with.

Simon