RE: EO-QB comments

Thank you Chris, that is very helpful!

-----Original Message-----
From: Little, Chris [mailto:chris.little@metoffice.gov.uk]
Sent: Friday, 2 December 2016 2:49 AM
To: Rob Atkinson <rob@metalinkage.com.au>; Kerry Taylor <kerry.taylor@anu.edu.au>
Cc: sdwwg@lists.opengeospatial.org
Subject: EO-QB comments

Kerry, Rob,

I am away from the Office for a week or so, so my connectivity will be limited. Below I have some comments on the Editors Draft, 30 Nov 2016,  of the Publishing and using EO data with the RDF Data Cube and DGGS.

Unfortunately, cannot get at web easily as browser proxy and new VPN not quite working as planned.

1. Some minor English typos, that can be sorted later.

2. I would like to suggest the following paragraph, or something similar, to be added at the end of Section 4 introduction. I think the paragraph will strengthen the links to other non-DGGS work and therefore improve the case for the ontology.

"Other data structures, such as n-dimensional gridded data, whether geospatial or not, or hierarchies of data such as tile sets and octree or quadtree structures are also amenable to these approaches."

Chris

Chris Little
Co-Chair, OGC Meteorology & Oceanography Domain Working Group

IT Fellow - Operational Infrastructures
Met Office  FitzRoy Road  Exeter  Devon  EX1 3PB  United Kingdom
Tel: +44(0)1392 886278  Fax: +44(0)1392 885681  Mobile: +44(0)7753 880514
E-mail: chris.little@metoffice.gov.uk  http://www.metoffice.gov.uk

I am normally at work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week