RE: BP restructuring: Spatial Data Identifiers section

Good stuff Linda. With this set of entangled issues, it looks like they can and should be merged into one extended recommendation.

I've made a few minor tweaks and submitted a pull-request.

From: Linda van den Brink [mailto:l.vandenbrink@geonovum.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, 16 August 2016 12:15 AM
To: SDW WG (public-sdw-wg@w3.org) <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Subject: BP restructuring: Spatial Data Identifiers section

Hi all,

I have worked on the Spatial Data Identifiers section of the BP. http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/#bp-identifiers

Here you see one BP where first there were five. Most of the text was merged into the possible approach section. Also, some text was removed because it is now present in the DWBP and we refer to it. I am curious to hear if the merging of these BPs into one has resulted in something better than it was. Let's discuss it Wednesday on the telecon.

More in detail:

  *   Old Best Practice 1<https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-bp/#globally-unique-ids>: Use globally unique HTTP identifiers for entity-level resources
The text was partly kept in the merged BP and partly replaced by ref to DWBP
  *   Old Best Practice 2<https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-bp/#reuse-ids>: Reuse existing (authoritative) identifiers when available
The text was partly kept in the merged BP and partly replaced by ref to DWBP
  *   Old Best Practice 3<https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-bp/#lacking-ids>: Working with data that lacks globally unique identifiers for entity-level resources
Only very small part kept in merged text, most of the contents were off topic for identifiers and overlapped with one of the BPs on linking data. It was moved to http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/#bp-notaligned to be dealt with (i.e. merged with appropriate BP) later.
  *   Old Best Practice 4<https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-bp/#ids-for-changing-things>: Provide stable identifiers for Things (resources) that change over time
Merged as part of the possible approach
  *   Old Best Practice 5<https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-bp/#ids-for-chunks>: Provide identifiers for parts of larger information resources
Moved to Spatial Data Access section.