Re: Request for input to the BP doc: an introduction to CRSs and related concepts

> Le 1 août 2016 à 11:14, Ed Parsons <eparsons@google.com> a écrit :
>
> CRS are not standardised for the same reason we don't all speak English :-)  I will however give it a go..

+1. FYI, the list of CRSs maintained by IGN-France in RDF [1] can be found here http://yasgui.org/short/rJIItc2d <http://yasgui.org/short/rJIItc2d>, published according to the vocab at http://data.ign.fr/def/ignf/20160628.ttl <http://data.ign.fr/def/ignf/20160628.ttl>. Btw, the URIs resolved if that can help for some examples in the BP document.

Best,
Ghislain

[1] Endpoint http://data.ign.fr/id/sparql <http://data.ign.fr/id/sparql> with the named graph <http://data.ign.fr/id/ignf/>

> ed
>

> On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 at 07:39 Linda van den Brink <l.vandenbrink@geonovum.nl <mailto:l.vandenbrink@geonovum.nl>> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I still remember well when I started working at Geonovum and first found out that there were many different coordinate reference systems. It seemed very silly to me that this was not standardized.
>

> When one of you takes up Jeremy’s challenge, please see what is already written about CRS in http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/#ref-crs <http://w3c.github.io/sdw/bp/#ref-crs> . It makes sense to move some of this to an introductory section in the front of the document, and any content making this section more accessible is welcome!
>

> Linda

Ghislain A. Atemezing, Ph.D
R&D Engineer
@ Mondeca, Paris, France