Re: [Minutes-SSN] 2016-04-19

Hi,

Apologises for spamming your conversation and please ignore it if it is irrelevant. I developed an ontology, which is called Stream Annotation Ontology (SAO), to overcome the representation issues of observations by including temporal concepts, such as segment, point. It has been built on top of PROV-O, SSN, and TimeLine Ontology. TimeLine ontology enables SAO to support temporal relations (Allen’s temporal relations). Although it sounds very simple, it is very useful to represent any data analysis output in RDF form. The idea when I was building the ontology was data could be in any format, audio, video, sensory data. Therefore, it tackles this issue by assuming that data can be one point or an array or data. I didn’t use any RDF bags for representation. It simply uses string format to represent outputs; and allows to describe the row and column size of the given data set, so that anyone can quickly reshape and use data as a matrix. SAO is also being used in IoT-Lite Ontology that was previously mentioned by Payam and Kerry. Please find below the web page and the published article (IEEE iThings 2014) related to SAO Ontology.
The web site of SAO Ontology:
http://iot.ee.surrey.ac.uk/citypulse/ontologies/sao/sao
The article that explains SAO Ontology:
A Knowledge-based Approach for Real-Time IoT Data Stream Annotation and Processing
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?reload=true&arnumber=7059664
For those who don’t have access to IEEE, the article is given below:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxzZWZraWtvbG96YWxpfGd4OjFiNTYwZDU3ODUwNzYxNGU

In order to have an idea how it works, please find below the SAOPY library that I have developed to help people avoid making mistakes. It involves SAO ontology as well.
http://iot.ee.surrey.ac.uk/citypulse/ontologies/sao/saopy.html

I would like to apologise for not being able to participate to the SSN meetings, however, the meetings are being held at 10PM BST. I will be very happy to contribute if a task is given.

Cheers,

Sefki Kolozali
Research Fellow
Institute for Communication Systems (ICS), home of the 5G Innovation Centre
University of Surrey
Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XH, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1483 689490

E-mail: s.kolozali@s<mailto:s.kolozali@qmul.ac.uk>urrey.ac.uk<http://urrey.ac.uk>
http://www.surrey.ac.uk/ics/<http://www.surrey.ac.uk/ccsr/>