W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdw-wg@w3.org > April 2016

[Minutes] 2016-04-05 SSN Sub Group minutes

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 15:26:36 +0100
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <57051C9C.3000709@w3.org>
The minutes of the SSN Sub Group meeting held this week are at 
https://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes and copied below.


           Spatial Data on the Web SSN Sub group Teleconference

05 Apr 2016

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-irc

Attendees

    Present
           kerry, ScottSimmons, ahaller2, DanhLePhuoc, jramsay,
           KJanowicz, ClausStadler, RaulGarciaCastro

    Regrets
           simon, phila

    Chair
           kerry

    Scribe
           KJanowicz

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]What does the FPWD look like? See Editor's draft on
             github
          2. [5]Editor responsibilities for drafting
          3. [6]W3C TPAC and F2F in Lisbon
          4. [7]AOB?
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      * [9]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    Hi

    <ahaller2> hi

    <ahaller2> Can you guys connect to audio?

    <ahaller2> github is down for maintenance, good timing...

    coffee always sounds good.

    <ahaller2> I can

    URL stioll works for me: [10]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/

      [10] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/

    I can scribe

    <Kerry_> scribe: KJanowicz

    <Kerry_> scribeNick: KJanowicz

    <Kerry_> patent call:
    [11]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

      [11] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

    <ahaller2> Github is working again

    <Kerry_> proposed: approve last meeting minutes
    [12]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:SSN-Telecon20
    160322

      [12] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:SSN-Telecon20160322

    <Kerry_> +1

    <ScottSimmons> +1

    +1

    <DanhLePhuoc> +1

    <jramsay> +1

    <RaulGarciaCastro> +1

    RESOLUTION: approve last meeting minutes
    [13]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:SSN-Telecon20
    160322 [07:05] <Kerry_> +1

      [13] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:SSN-Telecon20160322

What does the FPWD look like? See Editor's draft on github

    <Kerry_> [14]http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/

      [14] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/ssn/

    <Kerry_> actions: put in doc number in ssn draft

    kerry: reminder; we agreed to start with the modularization and
    review the future work items.

    <Kerry_> ac KJanowicz

    kerry: make sure we have something to discuss/present for the
    next overall group meeting. Lets try to draft as much as
    possible over the next week.

    ahaller2: we need to assign sections to people but first we
    have to agree on the modularization.
    ... the current version only shows the components of the
    original version.

    kerry: agreed, this is just a placeholder. We need to flesh
    this out during this meeting and this is what I suggest we do.
    ... this also involved removing DUL.

    KJanowicz: Modularization not only horizontally but also
    vertically, i.e., make an embarrassingly simple
    sensor-observation model and then layer more complex axioms on
    top of it. See SEM as example (page 130)

    SEM: [15]http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/papers/Hage11b.pdf

      [15] http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/papers/Hage11b.pdf

    Ahaller2: currently we only have introduced additional
    namespaces.

    <Kerry_> aq+ Kerry_

    Ahaller2: what to have as core, what to import?

    Kerry: agreed but IMHO on even higher priority we need to get
    the FPWD out as statement of what we are thinking.
    ... otherwise it may take us 2 months before we get something
    out.

    Ahaller2: we need use cases first also for the draft, e.g., to
    provide examples.

    Kerry: we have uses cases from the general use case document
    but they are not necessarily all we need. We can still use
    examples from the incubator group.

    Kjanowicz: I would be in favor of synthetic use cases

    <Kerry_> ack

    <RaulGarciaCastro> +1 to KJanowicz

    <DanhLePhuoc> +1 for simple UC

    yes, KISS

    actions: DanhLePhuoc and Ahaller2 to work on the use cases

    <Kerry_> ACTION: ahaller2 to start drafting modularisation
    [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action01]

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-153 - to start drafting
    modularisation [on Armin Haller - due 2016-04-12].

    KJanowicz: I can draft the introduction part until next week is
    this would be of any use?

    <Kerry_> ACTION: DanhLePhuoc to assist on adding stuff before
    next meeting [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action02]

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'DanhLePhuoc'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[18]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    <Kerry_> ACTION: KJanowicz to draft instroduction [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action03]

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'KJanowicz'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[20]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    <scribe> ACTION: Kjanowicz to draft instroduction [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action04]

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'Kjanowicz'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[22]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    <Kerry_> action KJanowicz to draft introduction for next week

    <trackbot> Error finding 'KJanowicz'. You can review and
    register nicknames at
    <[23]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    No idea what the problem is

    <Kerry_> ACTION: jano to draft intro for next week [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action05]

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'jano'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[25]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    action kjano to draft introduction for next week

    <trackbot> Error finding 'kjano'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[26]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    okay, i will do it anyway

    <Kerry_> action jano to draft ssn intro for next week

    <trackbot> Error finding 'jano'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[27]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    <ahaller2> ACTION: KJanowicz to draft introduction [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action06]

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action06]

    Kerry: lets now jump to future work
    ... difficult to decide on these items now.
    ... I can draft this section

    <scribe> ACTION: Kerry_ to draft future work section [recorded
    in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action07]

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action07]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'Kerry_'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[30]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    <scribe> ACTION: Kerry to draft future work section [recorded
    in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action08]

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action08]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-154 - Draft future work section [on
    Kerry Taylor - due 2016-04-12].

    DanhLePhuoc: Do we do BP only for SSN or do we align it with
    the entire group?

    Kerry: we need to check where to place our bp examples and make
    sure that we align with the main document

    Kjanowicz; lets first work locally on our document and then
    move things.

    <Kerry_> +1 to bp in this group firts -- then consider moving
    to main BP doc

    DanhLePhuoc: bp is very important for those that want to use
    SSN

    <ahaller2> s/ first first

    DanhLePhuoc: Involvement of industry players?

    +1

    kerry: explicitly target industry partners with first draft

    +1

    <Kerry_> ack

    KJanowicz: create ssn semantically lifted data directly by the
    sensor

    DanhLePhuoc: agree on vertical modularization need

    Ahaller2: vertical modules may relate to IoT-light ontology and
    use rdfs subset

    +1

    Agreed

    <DanhLePhuoc> +1

    I am actually very interested in the vertical modularization

    ahaller2: this will not be trivial

    +1

    kerry: agreed but lets also focus on first getting the steps in
    the document and the actual implementation as second step

Editor responsibilities for drafting

    <Kerry_> assigned actions here

W3C TPAC and F2F in Lisbon

    <Kerry_>
    [32]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings#TPAC_2015.2C_
    Lisbon

      [32] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings#TPAC_2015.2C_Lisbon

AOB?

    kerry going to accept github revisions

    bye bye

    <RaulGarciaCastro> Bye!

    <Kerry_> bye!

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: ahaller2 to start drafting modularisation
    [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: DanhLePhuoc to assist on adding stuff before next
    meeting [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: jano to draft intro for next week [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Kerry to draft future work section [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action08]
    [NEW] ACTION: Kerry_ to draft future work section [recorded in
    [37]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action07]
    [NEW] ACTION: KJanowicz to draft instroduction [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Kjanowicz to draft instroduction [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: KJanowicz to draft introduction [recorded in
    [40]http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action06]

      [33] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action01
      [34] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action02
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action05
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action08
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action07
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action03
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action04
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2016/04/05-sdwssn-minutes.html#action06

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [41]approve last meeting minutes
        https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:SSN-Telecon20
        160322 [07:05] <Kerry_> +1

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________
Received on Wednesday, 6 April 2016 14:26:44 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:20 UTC