RE: Georeferenced sensor and coverage data

Frans,
I think they are different.  Linkability was all about “different facts in different data sets” whereas the two “georeferenced...” requirements are particularly asking that those 2 ontologies  include georeference capability (ssn, for example, does not in its current form – instead it asks you get it from some arbitrary other ontology. Users want more help here – they want to be told where to get it from – this could be in ssn itself, but more likely we will just decide to say in ssn  to use whatever we recommend in bp . In this case it is perhaps true that the different requirements would collapse to a single solution – nevertheless they are different requirements ).

Kerry

From: Peter Baumann [mailto:p.baumann@jacobs-university.de]
Sent: Friday, 29 May 2015 3:47 AM
To: Frans Knibbe; Alejandro Llaves
Cc: SDW WG Public List
Subject: Re: Georeferenced sensor and coverage data

Hi Frans,

not sure, but I understand that "spatial data" has its georeference built in (through particular technical means, eg, in the coverage model) whereas the linkability text just demands that any data can be connected to such georeferenced data:

"Spatial data on the Web should be linkable (by explicit relationships between different facts in different data sets), to other spatial data and to or from other types of data."

best,
Peter