satellite data as sensor data

From: Frans Knibbe <frans.knibbe@geodan.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 19:15:40 +0200
To: Alejandro Llaves <allaves@fi.upm.es>
Cc: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Hi Alejandro,

About the SSN-like representation
<http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#SSNLikeRepresentation>
requirement ("It should be possible to represent satellite data using the
SSN model, including sensor descriptions."):

   - Can we change the title to something more descriptive like "Earth
   observation data as sensor data" or "Satellites as sensors"?
   - It seems this requirement applies to the SSN deliverable too. Shall we
   add it?
   - Would it be possible to explain why this would be desirable, in
   general? (This is one of the examples where I find it hard to refrain from
   thinking from the Linked Data paradigm, where models/semantics are modular
   and can be mixed at will)

Regards,
Frans

--