Re: UCR isssue: Is provenance in scope? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

+100

Last year in the context of OGC OWS-10 we used both PROV and ISO 19115 to document geospatial provenance.  The OGC technical report is here:

	https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=58967

In essence, what we learned is that 1) PROV-O provided a more flexible representation than the ISO standard, and 2) there are many open research challenges in geospatial provenance.

I’d be happy to discuss this work with the group.  My apologies that I have not been able to join the calls much this Spring, everything will change in June and I’d be very interested to pursue this.

Best,

Yolanda

Yolanda Gil
Director of Knowledge Technologies, USC/ISI
Associate Director for Research, Intelligent Systems Division, USC/ISI
Research Professor of Computer Science
Information Sciences Institute
University of Southern California
4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 1001