RE: Requirements from UC-19

Hi Alejandro,

> the definition of vague locations should be covered now with the following
> requirement: Spatial vagueness [1]

Thanks for adding this. My original use case is when you transcribe historic sources and stumble over text like "just north of Los Angeles" [2]. A good historian would put quite some effort into finding out exactly where this was, but sometimes you just have to declare yourself defeated (sometimes because the point of reference cannot be located) and then a standard way of doing this comes in handy.

Another case is the cataloguing of historic maps. Here it can be hard to determine exactly what area the map covers and cataloguers usually enter a not that the coordinates they supply are only approximations. I think this is covered by [1], too.

[1] http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#SpatialVagueness

[2] http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/16/quake-north-of-los-angeles/25862247/ (which isn't a historic source, but still transports the point...)

(Apologies for being silent for a while...)

*** Lesen. Hören. Wissen. Deutsche Nationalbibliothek ***
--
Dr. Lars G. Svensson
Deutsche Nationalbibliothek