Re: ssn requirements usecase, and what this means for "principles"

I agree on having "extensibility" and "data validation" included as
non-functional requirements (or Principles).

As Simon pointed out, the "profiling" requirement may arise as a need for
using a reduced/customized version of the general model, e.g. a lite
version of the SSN ontology. Indeed, in the Marine observations - eMII
<http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#MarineObservationsEMII>
use case, Simon describes the need for validating whether profiles for
observation data models validate against the standard. Looking at the rest
of use cases related to the "profiling" requirement (only one, Satellite
data processing
<http://w3c.github.io/sdw/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html#SatelliteDataProcessing>),
it seems to me that the interest is more on data validation than on
creating profiles from the standard (something that we cannot control
anyway). So I would remove the word "profiling" from the requirement, label
it as a non-functional requirement, and re-define it as something similar
to "Data validation: It should be possible to check data compliance to the
standard model". Then, we can discuss if this is something we want to
propose as Best Practice for the standards released by the group.

Any thoughts?

Alejandro

--
Alejandro Llaves