Re: Working list of BP requirements identified during the SDW WG f2f

On 2015-03-17 21:40, Simon.Cox@csiro.au wrote:

> dereferencable to data describing the reference systems.
>
> >> Did you try clicking on the link above? It goes to an (XML)
> document defining the CRS.
>
> > No, I did not click the link. Sorry. But I did now. If I recall
> correctly, a while ago the link did not return data. But now it does.
> It is good to see this kind of progress!
>
> It has been running fine for about 3 years now. It is unfortunate to
> read untested, incorrect assertions made about availability of
> resources, and the stability of the services that OGC provides to the
> community, particularly on this forum.

It is unfortunate indeed, and I feel very ashamed at the moment. I
hindsight, I confused two things: I have looked up OGC URIs before and I
noticed they did not return RDF data. Somehow I had remembered this
incorrectly, and 'no RDF data' became 'no data'. Two very different
things, so I was very sloppy in writing what I did.

I see how my carelessness could have reflected badly on the OGC or
CSIRO, and I very much regret this. I thank Simon for pointing out the
severity of my hasty comments. Please accept my apologies. I for one
have learned an important lesson: /do/ perform checks when making
factual statements.

Greetings,
Frans