Re: Time-series spatial data [was: Re: TCGA / Microscopy Imaging Use Case] [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi Bill - all good points. Regarding use of the RDF Data Cube & climate data, folks at the Bureau of Meteorology (who Bruce works for) published one of their ‘gold-standard’ climate datasets (surface air temperature) using a pre-standardised version of the RDF Data Cube. See [ACORN-SAT][1]

Coming from the meteorological domain myself, I’m pretty interested in making sure the “when _and_ where” use case is dealt with. As Bill says, I think that _one resource_ can be described using properties from both _spatial_ and _temporal_ ontologies in order to meet this requirement. (e.g. we don’t need a “spatiotemporal” ontology)

Jeremy

[1]:http://lab.environment.data.gov.au <http://lab.environment.data.gov.au/>